Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The LOVE Chapter...Verse by Verse

He says,
"When I was a child,
I spoke, thought, and
reasoned as a child. 
But when I grew up,
I put away childish things."
1 Corinthians 13:11 (NLT)

I hear...
"When I was a child I said inappropriate things,
because I didn't know better,
my thoughts were incomplete,
lacking common sense that comes from years of experience, and my reasoning's were always selfish. 
I was the only one I thought or cared about. 
But, when I grew up and became a more mature Christian,
I put myself aside. 
I now strive to put others before myself,
think before I speak,
lest I tear someone down or lead them astray,
I ponder on God's word minute by minute,
allowing the Holy Spirit to complete my thoughts. 
 And I seek where and what Christ has for me to do,
 looking outside of myself to please my Savior."
1 Corinthian 13:11 (My Interpretation)

No comments:

Post a Comment