Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What a Humble Place to Be

"I beseech you, therefore, brothers (and sisters),
by the mercies of God,
that you present your bodies a living sacrifice,
holy, acceptable to God,
which is your reasonable service." Romans 12:1

For the past few months, a part of this verse has stuck out in my mind anytime I begin doing something that I would rather not be doing.  I know that may sound a bit weird, so I'll provide you with an example, while vacuuming the floors I get this odd urge to go ahead and mop them, even if it is just a small section, and the Lord whispers to my heart, "after all this is your reasonable service."  My body doesn't really want to mop the floor, but I know in my heart  the Lord told me to do it, therefore, what am I going to do, say no? Weeeelllll.....I've been down that road enough times to know it isn't fun! (That doesn't mean I still don't do it occasionally, though!)

But throughout the day today and this evening, in every little thing I did, He was constantly whispering, "this is your reasonable service..."  Finally, I stopped, went to my trusty www.blueletterbible.org and looked up those words, 'reasonable service'.  There is was, Romans 12:1.  I know He is leading me to this chapter, and oh, boy, just read the rest...what a humble place to be!

The past few months He has been teaching me about humility, true humility.  At times, especially when I am being challenged in such an awesome way, I pull away from my time with my Lord  because I am unsure His next turn, but I always return, knowing He is faithful and His plans for me are for my good.  Humility is scary sometimes, but it doesn't have to be when you realize Who's hand has you.

Has He been whispering something to your heart lately?  Have you stopped long enough to look it up and see where He may be leading you?  I strongly urge you to, He only wants what's best for you!!

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment