Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

The LOVE Chapter...Verse by Verse

He says...
"(Love is not) rude.
It does not demand its own way.
It is not irritable,
and it keeps no record of being wronged."
1 Corinthian 13:5 (NLT)

Oh, man, I hear...
"Love does not act ugly to anyone,
regardless of my mood or circumstances. 
Love does not demand things
always be done my way,
but allows (my children) to explore
and come up with their own God-given
creative ways to conquer the tasks
and difficulties He has given them to overcome. 
Love does not lose it's temper
when things do not go my way
(esp. with the children),
it does not act foolishly in the
process of instructing my children
to not act foolishly. 
Love does not get upset or
angry over 'spilled milk'. 
Love lets go
of past mistakes...Mine and Others..."
1 Corinthians 13:5
(My Interpretation)

All I can say is this is getting a little too close for comfort!  I praise God for the 'interpretation' He is speaking to my heart because He reminds me of it as I walk it out through the day.  I am a mom of 6 children from 10 down to 1 1/2, so my interpretation at this stage in my life has a lot to do with the children I am constantly with.  Your interpretation may be about going to school, going to work, or dealing with life while being single and alone.  Regardless of your life situation right now, I urge you to get a notebook and jot down your own interpretation of these verses. 

What we are doing here is in part what you call 'studying the Scriptures'.  God's word is timely and meaningful to everyone-regardless of where they are in life.  We have to apply His word to our life in the right here/right now.  Your interpretation will probably look a lot different than mine!  I encourage you, write it out!  Or, leave an anonymous comment with your version of one of these verses, wouldn't it be great to see all the various interpretations that could be pulled from this single verse of God's word?

I pray you have a VERY blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment