Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The LOVE Chapter...Verse by Verse

....He said....
"If I had the gift of prophecy,
and if I understood all of God's secret plans
and possessed all knowledge,
and if I had such faith
that I could move mountains,
but didn't love others,
I would be nothing."
(1 Cor 13:2)

....I heard....
"If I have the ability to explain verses in the Bible
 so it can be easily understood,
and an understanding of what God's plan is,
and gain knowledge through schooling and experience,
and exercise great faith to overcome any obstacle,
But do not love those around me,
Those words, understanding,
knowledge and faith will be for not;
because I would be nothing -
who would care what I have to say,
what my insight is, what 'my' faith could do."
(1 Corinthians 13:2 My Interpretation)

God gives prepares us for what He has us to walk through.  When we study God's word, He provides us exactly what we need:
He gives each of us an understanding of various verses so we may encourage/challenge others. 
He give each of us a small bit of insight to pieces of His will.
He provides us all with a multitude of life experiences to gain knowledge from.
He provides us all sufficient faith to endure those trials around us...
He does all this so we can later encourage others...  Don't waste it by not loving those around you.

Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. Great word Jenn! Thanks for sharing. God has been teaching me a whole new perspective on love over the last few days/weeks!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation of this scripture! It really puts it into perspective! Thank you for your encouragement that you share with us all! You are such a blessing!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete