Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Overwhelmed

We have all had those days when the we get overwhelmed by the multitude of 'things' that need to be done...I am having one of those today.  I read Jeremiah 17:5-8 this morning, and God's word assured and reminded me, once again, that I am to strive to please Him, not man.  But I still had such an uneasy feeling as I contemplated all the things I needed to accomplish and where I needed to be in the coming weeks...that uneasy feeling at one point almost had me paralyzed in my thoughts, until I opened my notebook to start prioritizing those things and places.

Isaiah 64:6 was written on the sheet of paper, just staring up at me, so, like a good little disciple, I looked it up. 

All of us have become like something unclean, and all our righteous acts are like a polluted garment; all of us wither like a leaf, and our iniquities carry us away like the wind.  No one calls on Your name, striving to take hold of You.  For You have hidden Your face from us and made us melt because of our iniquity.  Yet LORD, You are our Fatherl we are the clay, and You are our potter; we all are the work of Your hands.  (Isaiah 64: 6-8)
As usual, this was the exact Word I needed from Him today.  His gentle reminder for me that it is not about me and my to-do list.  It is about Him and His to-do list for me.  My priorities need not come from what I deem most important, but what will bring glory to my Father in Heaven, what on that list will encourage someone else in their walk or help them begin a walk with their Father in Heaven.

We must keep all things in perspective, for example, running the girls to a soccer game has priority in itself, but my attitude along that journey must remain heavenly minded...how I act, react, and speak will have great significance to them and their walk with our Heavenly Father.  Having a restful environment to welcome my children home from a day at school rather than them coming into a cluttered kitchen and dinning room to push things aside in an attempt to do their homework and scavenging for a snack doesn't make them feel very welcomed in their own home - I have to prioritize that.

My attitude must align with Christs'.  I am a person full of iniquity and sin, who desperately needs a Savior; not once, but daily.  He is my Rock, He is my Fortress, He is the Potter and I am the clay.

What has He revealed to you today?

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment