Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Change...Yes, Change

About a month ago, I blogged a title, Winds of Change, little did I know how much of that 'feeling' was correct.  I am not sure if it is my age or the gift of godly discernment is growing within me, but I could literally 'feel' change beginning to take place.  Here I am now, almost a month later, September 11, 2011, looking back over the past month, year...10 years, and stand amazed at how much truly has changed.

While listening to the radio earlier, the host was speaking about the pre-9/11 and post-9/11 days.  Every one's life and our nation has changed, dramatically.  The way we go through airports, the heightened awareness we unfortunately have when we are in large crowds...but what about our daily living?  How long did that change?  A few days, a few months? 

When 9/11 happened, churches around our country were filled, almost maxed out.  People wanted - no, needed answers, so they turned to the place of Truth, Wisdom and Knowledge.  The problem is, most people did not like what they heard, and they decided to go back to trying to run their own lives.  They didn't like when they heard things like 2 Chronicles 7:14:
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
To truly be a changed nation, we must turn away from ourselves and toward Christ, we must seek His face, we must learn what it means to love Someone else more than we love ourselves.

Yes, a lot of my life has turned upside down this past month, my heart can't seem to figure out which side is up most of the time, but my heart knows Who holds every second, every circumstance, and every outcome.  That I can trust, that I can rely on, and that I can rest in

Do you know who He is?  His name is Jesus, and He has loved you since the beginning...no matter what you have done or are yet to do, He loves you all the same.  We cannot make ourselves better, but He can make all things new...including you!  I love you, and pray you have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful post, Jennifer. As for 9-11, I think it changed most of us for our lifetimes. Our John was twice deployed, our nephew twice deployed, and Melissa's fiance is looking at a third deployment in the spring. For many, that day is behind them, but for many more, there are daily reminders. As for your personal life, I don't know what is going on in your life that has turned things upside down, but you seem to have an amazing trust and faith in God to see you through. If I can ever be a 'shoulder' for you, please feel free to drop me an email! mama gilliam at gmail dot com. I will lift you up in prayers, my friend, and hope that things get better for you. Take care, and thanks for another thought provoking blog post!

    ReplyDelete