Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Willing...But Now What?

(This is a follow-up to yesterday's blog: Are You Willing?.  So, if you have not read yesterdays, you may want to back track, just to make sure you fully get what I'm saying here!  Click here to get to yesterday's blog.) 

I pray that many of you could affirm, yes, you are willing to go and do as God calls...but there's a catch...being willing isn't enough.  You must be obedient.

I have attended many Christian Conferences, Sunday School classes, and church services...but if I am not obedient to what I hear God call on my life, then it is all for nothing.  I can sit under a teacher telling me (with my agreement) that I need to be paying my children positive attention, reading to them, playing games with them...talking to them.  As I said, I know those things are important, but if I chose to not do those things, then that knowledge is doing no good.

The same goes for any schooling you have done.  You can sit in class and agree with the teacher that they know what they are talking about, but it is up to you what you will do with that knowledge...change your life or make no impact at all.

I must be obedient to follow in the teaching my Lord has given me.  Did you know there is a verse in the Bible that actually talks about that?  It goes a little something like this:

"It is sin to know what you ought to do,
but then not do it."  James 4:17  (emphasis mine)

Think about that after the next sermon your hear at church or the next teaching you hear on the radio (under a good Biblical teacher).  You and I are responsible for our obedience to what we hear Him tell us to do.

Have a blessed Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment