Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Number Your Days

"Don't brag about tomorrow,
since you don't know what the day will bring." Prov 27:1(NLT)

How many of us rush through the day ahead with our 'to-do' list...yet still only getting half of it completed?  I am one of those.  To be brutally honest, I am the type that if I do something that isn't on my list, I add it so I can view my accomplishments of the day!  (I think that started when I became a stay-home mommy...but that's for another blog!) 

To-do lists are great, if they are used for a guide.  As our verse says, we do not know what the day will bring.  We are to be diligent for what the Lord says for us to do today.  If He says trash the list, I want you to pack the vehicle up and go visit someone, or go on a picnic with the family, then do it!  You don't know what the day holds!  If He says, buckle down, get off Facebook and get the house cleaned...then do it!  :-)  Or if He prompts you while on an airplane or on the beach to strike up a conversation with someone, don't resist Him just because you would rather relax...seize the opportunity, that person has a need if He so laid it upon your heart to share something with them!

We should all be able to look back on the day and rejoice that we did precisely what the Lord said to do...with no regrets.  You cannot go back and change yesterday, last week or 5 years ago.  You have today...right now...this moment.  That is all you are guaranteed.  Make it count, you don't know what the day holds!

"How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow?
Your life is like the morning fog--it's here a little while, then it's gone."
James 4:14 (NLT)

Seize the day, seize the moment, make it count for the Lord, that's the only thing going with you wherever you go!

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment