Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

PRAISE GOD, I'M GROWING!

What would happen if you had a precious little baby and six months or a year later they were the same size, weight, and had the same capabilities as when they were first born?  Ummm, you would hopefully be aware that there is a serious problem and take appropriate action!  (Hopefully before 6 months or a year is up!)
The same is true in the life of a Christian.  Once we are saved we should begin to grow in our walk with the Lord...and that growth does not stop until we are complete...in heaven.

"It's like this: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child does.
But when I grew up, I put away childish things." 1 Cor 13:11
"You must crave pure spiritual milk so that you can grow into the fullness of your salvation.
Cry out for this nourishment as a baby cries for milk," 1 Peter 2:2

In 2001, I took a spiritual gifts survey.  It revealed to me that I was very low on the mercy scale (3)!, but that I was very high on the giving and teaching sides.  With that knowledge I began to teach children's church, and eventually children's Sunday school classes, then most recently ladie's Sunday school classes.  Then after many years of teaching and studying God's word, in 2009, I took the spiritual gifts survey again.  My mercy score rose to 5! My strengths changed from giving and teaching to prophecy (basically the desire to proclaim God's word).  Then, the other day I took the survey again...Pastoring/Shepherding, prophecy, teaching and administration were all within 1 to 2 points of each other...and mercy (still my lowest score) had soared to 11!!!  Then it hit me...PRAISE GOD, I'M GROWING!!

Take the time right now to evaluate your life, your Christian walk, your relationships...are you growing more patient with your spouse, children, siblings or parents?  Are you becoming more like Christ? Or are you moving away, become less sensitive to the voice of God speaking into your life...

1 comment:

  1. Praise God you're growing! Thank you for sharing your story with us Jenn!!

    ReplyDelete