Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pride Vs. Humility...What's the Difference?

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts"
Psalm 139:23

Since the check bounced and the mouse intruded on my territory, I have been asking God to search my heart and show me the depths of it. Whew...another scarey request!  He has given me an opportunity to see how quickly my immediate response to humbling experiences is pride.  I had a difficult time telling the difference for awhile, but when He began to speak to my heart I was able to see more clearly....

"Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; You teach me wisdom in the inmost places"
Psalm 51:6
Take some time today and allow God to reveal the difference of humility and pride to you.  When circumstances arise that you did or did not have a hand in creating, what is your response?  Do you strike out in anger, blame someone else, or accept that you are human - not able to control every scenario or guilty of making a mistake...this is the first step to identify if you are a proud or humble person.

I pray God will speak directly to your heart as He has been speaking to mine.  I long to become more like Chirst...

"He must increase, I must decrease" John 3:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment