Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Coincidences or 'Godences' ?

Have you ever had a 'coincidence' happen in your life that just struck you as an amazing surprise?  I used to believe in coincidences...but the more I learn about my Savior, the less I believe in them!  God's Word teaches us that "we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them" Romans 8:28.  There are, of course, many other Scriptures that point to this evidence of God using all circumstances in our lives, but when we are truly able to grasp the fact that whatever we are in the midst of - He not only can, but WILL use it for good in our lives.  There is a catch, though.  We have to allow Him to.  He created us with a free will, this means we have the ability to choose to go His way or our own.  There is no in between.  It is us or Him, and we get to choose.

At any given moment, you can look around and see the various trials, temptations and mountain tops that are existing near by.  Currently, I have a friend who is experiencing the first steps of 'Empy Nest' as her oldest son goes off to college.   Another friend is striving to obey the Lord in homeschooling while receiving much opposition for those she cares for most.  And yet another has released her life to Christ that He may begin making her what He wants her to be.  They will all experience some 'coincedences' along their paths, but I do believe there is a better word for it - 'Godences'.  I did not originally coin this term...quick frankly I am not sure who did, but I love it!

About 15-20 ladies and I will begin a lunch-time Bible study at my house this next week.  I had every intention of presenting the ladies with a few options that God had brought to mind for what to study, when He brought me across a radio station discussing the masks we all wear and how these masks hinder not only our relationships with those around us, but with God as well.  My previous post began with a question, "Are you Lame?"  As I began reading through the introduction of this book (Beyond the Masquerade), God used my OWN words from that previous post to confirm to me that this was the study for us to begin with!  As I told a friend, I had to make an executive decision and not give them an option!  That is how certain I am that God has called us to do this study!

As we proceed the next few weeks, my request to you is to open your eyes and allow God to reveal His purpose to you for your life.  Allow Him to show you areas of your life He is proud of and areas of your life He wishes to work on.  It is certainly NOT an overnight process, it is a life-long one.  Look for the 'Godences' in your life, He may be calling you to Him.  He desires to know us, and for us to know Him.

May God bless you today and 'show you great and mighty things you didn't know before'!

No comments:

Post a Comment